News for Package Template
|Latest Version:||3.1c (21 Aug 2003).|
|Requirements:||Emacs-20.2, XEmacs-20.2, or higher.|
No menu support for Emacs before Version 21.1.
|Licence:||GNU General Public License.|
Changes with Release 3.1c
- Bug fix: on XEmacs, initialization would fail without menus "File" and "Edit" in menubar.
- Allow messages to be displayed in a separate buffer "*Template Messages*" instead at point.
- Correct and improve header updating.
Extend use of
- Minor bug fixes. Miscellaneous.
Changes with Release 3.1
- Moved to SourceForge.net. Less technical description on web page.
- Remove examples from distribution, they were more confusing than helpful.
- Bug fix: would sometimes indent the current line when using the menubar.
- Menus work with Emacs-21, too. Rename some menu entries.
- Don't search further for remote templates. Nuke this home/base directory stuff, stop search at root.
Don't rely on command `
ffap' to always add an entry to `
command-history' if the filename is read from terminal. Special setup for
- Make date/time formats work as names suggest.
- Command to insert & expand a template file.
Allow user to define a choice in the definition section to be answered via
- Various miscellaneous improvements. Minor bug fixes.
template/lisp/template.elinto your load-path and byte-compile it.
Insert the following code into your Emacs init file
(require 'template) (template-initialize)
- If you want to customize package Template, use M-x customize-group RET template RET or the customize entry in menu Options.
You might want to copy the template files from directory
~/.templates/and change them according to your preferences.
Installation instructions with further explanations can be found in file
template/INSTALL of the distribution.